Aviation Bucket List

Hi all,

This is directed at students, prospective students, and mentors. Does anyone here have an aviation bucket list? Does anyone have any aircraft they want to fly, places they want to visit, or other experiences they would like to have as a pilot? Are there any charities you would like to fly for?

Here is mine as an example:
-Visit Charles Lindbergh’s grave on Maui (I hear it is a tradition for airline pilots to leave their wings on his headstone)
-Fly to and around the Hawaiian Islands
-Fly skydivers
-Land at Princess Juliana International Airport
-Fly a widebody jet
-Fly a seaplane in Alaska
-Fly a seaplane in the Caribbean
-Fly a warbird

So what is on your aviation bucket list? If you have any career oriented goals, please add those too.

All the best,

Christopher

2 Likes

Christopher,

There are four airplanes that I would like to fly and never will. In order, they are:

1. Lockheed Constellation
  2. Lockheed 1011 Tri-Star
  3. Boeing 747
  4. Concorde

Of your bucket list, I have flown a wide body, flown into SXM and flown to and from various Hawaiian islands :slight_smile:

Chris

4 Likes

Looks like your bucket list is based on your family’s aviation hertiage. Those aircraft were definitely some legendary equipment.

3 Likes

L-1011, that is a very nice choice!

1 Like

Daniel,

I suppose it is. Beyond heritage though, I have flown almost all over the world, I have flown into the airports that I wanted to, I upgraded to Captain, so now it is just those ever so hard to reach goals.

Chris

4 Likes

I’d love to get tailwheel training and do some backcountry Alaska flying in a bush Cessna 185 or Piper Super Cub. That side of aviation has always looked very adventurous and like a lot of fun to me.

3 Likes
  1. Get hired
7 Likes

Chris,

While it may not be Concorde, maybe a U.S. airline might break from the norm for some odd reason and buy Boom, the prospective Concorde replacement. Well, it is at least see anyway, right?

Christopher

2 Likes

I actually hadn’t heard of that airplane yet. There just doesn’t seem to be a demand for super-sonic air travel. Also, until they can get past airplanes making the sonic boom noise, they won’t be able to fly fast over land.

3 Likes

I’ve given this some actual thought, and I think I have mine nailed down.

1. Land an airplane at the first airport I have a recollection of being on an airplane (Kodiak, AK). The runway has an awesome view of the mountain directly ahead of the airplane on approach, and it is just beautiful. Preferably during sunrise/sunset.

2. Fly my parents and/or sisters to a vacation destination.

3. Grand Canyon (duh)

4. Would like to fly either as the passenger or pilot up near the North Pole to see some of the ice shelves

3 Likes

It is definitely an odd placement when it seems passenger capacity and efficiency are taking priority over speed. Still, it would be nice to see this flying Pacific routes between Asia and North America.

1 Like
  1. Get a rotorcraft rating.
  2. Own a Yak-52
    If I really hit the lottery
  3. Buy an F4U Corsair.
3 Likes

Some of my bucket list items include:

• getting my float plane endorsement

• fly a glider

• fly a stunt plane

All of these things seem easily achievable, but I need to focus on upgrading and paying off some debt first.

Tory

2 Likes

I would like to start flying again. What it is doesn’t matter. It’s the how in getting there, and how you fly it. But I did like flying that trimotor over Las Vegas and Lear jets are fun too. I would fly for a charity since health care is my second degree and would also love to learn to how to fly fighting fires.

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to fly in, or even see, a Ford Tri-motor someday. I have to admit to being a bit jealous on this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has all of the old wood and big seats. I had to use a pillow to reach the peddles. The sound is unforgettable.

All my thanks to retired Captain Mike Bogle, no longer with us.

Chris bud I had no idea. My friend Paulie has one he takes around the country. He had to write his own POH and get it approved by the FAA. Here’s some pics just before the final restore. Next time he’s in the area I’ll hook you up. He’s always begging me to come fly it but as you know I’m lazy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grinning: Bucket list! Yay! Thanks Adam.

Hey adam, tell your buddy I want to fly it too!! Haha

2 Likes