What age should I start

Hello! I’m currently a high school students and I want to become a commercial pilot in the future. I’m thinking going to college and get bachelor degree and going to flight school at the same time. Is my plan good? Or Should I get my PPL license at high school?? Thank you!!

Eric,

We recommend neither. You should go to college, get your bachelor’s, THEN do your flight training full-time. You want to do well in both college and your flight training and should focus all your attention on each. Further if you do your flight training while in college you’ll need to do it part-time which is very inefficient and often ends up costing considerably more.

Adam

1 Like

Eric,

I got my private while I was in college, it was not a good idea. College is a full time job, so is flight training. I found that my college classes suffered as a result of my flight training and I was not able to devote a significant amount of time to flight training. I would recommend going to college, getting a four year degree in something other than aviation, and then going to an accelerated flight training program. This gives you a fall back plan in case for some reason aviation does not work out for you and also allows some maturity to develop, which is a good thing when flight training.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Adam!!
Thanks Chris!!

Any time. Let us know how else we can help you.

Chris