What degree will pay off the most?

So I got out of the military in 2015 as an infantryman/Driver. I drove strykers, Mwraps,maxpros and more. Although, I loved it I have a burning desire to become a pilot. It’s probably one of the coolest jobs that I know of and the pay is great. So I guess my question is that if I go to college to get a degree what degree would pay off the most in the long run besides aviation. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

thank you.

Justin,

Any degree that interests you and can provide a back up career in case of future furloughs. Business, finance, IT… all great options. The airlines just want to see a bachelors degree.

Hannah

Justin,

First of all, thank you for your service.

I second what Hannah said, literally any degree besides aviation is a good choice. Preferably it should be something useful in case you need it to fall back on. Bonus if it is also something that interests you.

Also, if you haven’t already done so, take an intro flight or two and see if that “burning desire” is genuine. Don’t take the intro flight too seriously. Enjoy it. Don’t try to impress anyone. Just take in the experience and learn something. The intro flight should be your first step in determining if aviation is truly a good fit for you.

After that, spend some time in the FAQ section of the forum. We discuss how to become a pilot in detail and how to be successful in ATP’s program.

Welcome!

Tory