Written Tests Prior to Start Date

Hey everybody,

I have seen several people mention that there are written exams that we need to take prior to our start date. I plan on scheduling my start date very soon, and it will most likely be August 20th. Do we receive more info on these written tests once we have officially scheduled our start date? I just toured recently and nobody mentioned these tests.

Also, to anyone who got a loan, were you able to get some of the money a little early to pay for all of the necessary materials that they say are required prior to starting? My girlfriend and I are moving early/mid-July, so money will be tight until my Publix stock money comes in!

Thanks for any answers! I’m excited to start!

Hi Zach,

When you pay your deposit and reserve a start date you will get more info on how to start preparing for the writtens. You wanna do the private modules with kings schools and you will access it through the student extranet once you register which will also happen after you pay your deposit.

Unfortunately you won’t get your first disbursement until the Friday of your first week of classes? Do you have credit cards? I would just put the stuff on your credit card less than a month out. Then when the money comes in you can pay the balance before it accrued interest.

Zach,

Taking the written tests ahead of time is optional. Some people choose to get them out of the way before they start to relieve themselves of the burden of having to study for them while in the program. Another incentive of taking them early is for the free 1 year subscription to ForeFlight.

If you’re planned on starting in August then you should have time to at least get the PAR out of the way.

https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html This link explains everything you need to know about how to study, how to get endorsed, and how to schedule and pay for the test.

Tory

Zach,

Check this link out: https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

Thanks for the quick replies! I will be getting ~$6000 from Publix, just under a month ahead of time, so I think things will work out. I appreciate the links, at least now I know what to anticipate!

Zachary,

It’s more than just what to expect. If you’re date is set I’d get cracking on the exams. There’s 6 and you want to give yourself some study time for each. Especially if you’re still working.

Adam

1 Like

Where are you starting man?

I’ll be at the Lawrenceville, Georgia location!