Academy of Aviation

Dear Pilots,

Academy of Aviation recently launched a flying school close to my metro area(Charlotte, NC). I was wondering if some of you have heard of it, attended it(in other states), and would recommend it to aspiring pilots?

Thanks!

Paul,

If you look up to the left you’ll clearly see the ATP logo. When someone asks what school we recommend we recommend ATP. Not because we’re salesmen (we’re not) but it is the flight school all the mentors on this forum chose after doing our research.

As for Academy of Aviation they’re one of the hundreds of new schools offering career/professional pilot programs popping up around the country (something ATP pioneered over 30 years ago). Beyond that I’m not familiar. Nice website but what I first noticed was it very much caters to international foreign students. There’s big money in that and I wonder if priority isn’t given to those students? I’d also like to see some results? ATP placed over 600 pilots with the airlines in the last 12 months alone.

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

Thank you for your response. I asked the question because I spoke to one one their representatives, and he sold the academy’s reputation to me so well that I decided to inquire within this community to avoid the unknown. I guess I will proceed with my ATP application with since it is the recommended school.

Paul

Paul,

I have not heard of them, but there are many small flight schools that I have not heard of. I would ask them some serious questions and ask to talk to actual current and former students.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will simply go forward with my ATP application since it is the recommended flight school on this platform.

Paul