Actual Time at primary ATP Location (starting from privot)

I’m currently post-solo working on a private at mom & pop and, after I get it, I’m considering going to ATP for accelerated training.

The whole moving/commuting thing is one factor I’d need to consider so I want to know how much time I should expect to need to sleep near my primary ATP location?

If the program takes about 6 months with a PPL and 2 of those are at CFI academy, that leaves 4 months at the primary location. Is that about right?

ATP locations near me are just outside ideal commuting distance. So . . I’m trying to envision multiple scenarios from a full on move to renting a room or ATP housing near a primary location.

Michael,

I am not sure what your threshold for commuting is or how much sleep you require at night, only you can answer that. CFI school is two weeks long.

If you are on the fence about commuting, that means it is probably too long of a commute. You will need significant time in the program for studying and decompressing.

Chris

Michael,

ATP’s website has a detailed timeline of each phase of the program, including expected time away from base.
https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/flight-training-timeline.html

Tory

Michael,

Short answer anything much more 60-90 min I would seriously consider finding a place. Otherwise the drive is doable.

Adam

Michael,

Plan to be at the TC for roughly 5-6 hours a day and that could be starting as early as 6am or as late as 8pm. There also may be days where you have a night flight and then a somewhat early flight. It all depends on your instructor and lead instructor.

I live abut an hr to an hr and a half from my TC (depending on traffic). On days that start before 9am I usually show up about an hour or so before my flight to finish my coffee, preflight the plane, and brief my instructor. On days that start after 9am I’m usually there atleast a few hours before studying, hopping in the sim if its available or preparing for the flight in other ways.