Adhd cognitive test help

Good evening,

I am scheduled to take the drastic ADHD cognitive test that takes numerous hours to perform. Does anyone have experience with this and can shed some light? I’ve never been diagnosed with ADHD just prescribed it as a kid from my father.

Weston,

I do not have any experience with it. How were you not diagnosed with ADHd, but “prescribed it”? Is your father a doctor?

Chris

I took the full CogScreen test. There’s really nothing that can prepare you. There’s a couple different tests on the computer, as well as the psychiatrist that did mine also did a full personality test. Just try to relax the night before, get good sleep, eat breakfast, and be ready to go when you’re supposed to start.

I was told a psychiatrist couldn’t perform the test?
I have a board certified psychiatrist willing to do the test if applicable.
If not, should I get a test done from him as well just in case my nerves take over during the cog screen ae ?

Back in 2004 or fourth grade a teacher told my dad I was daydreaming in class so he put me on adderall. Yes family practice until they later passed the law a parent cannot write family prescriptions

I went back and looked at my emails. The practice I went to is an FAA HIMS certified psychiatrist. I was referred to that practice by my AME.

Talk a HIMS AME and tell him your story. It’s very possible that you can get out of having to take your COG screen if you were never actually diagnosed. Just because you daydream doesn’t mean you necessarily have adhd. On the medxpress form the question asks if you have been. Diagnosed with a mental illness and if you haven’t then you can say No but again I’d call and AME and see what they say first

Weston,

Well, if your dad was an MD and prescribed ADHD medicine, then he must have diagnosed you as such because it would be unethical to prescribe medication for a condition you did not have.

Chris

Weston,

Just wanted to make sure - have you talked to your AME about this, and have they referred you to taking the CogScreen? If your AME doesn’t think you need it, it’ll save you a bunch of money.