Advice about finances

Hello everyone , I just moved permanently to USA almost 2 months ago and being a pilot has been a dream of mine for a long time and I have been looking at aviation schools in USA and I was wondering if there is anyway I can be qualified for a student loan ? If I can save up money in about 6 months for a down payment is there a chance that I can get qualified?or should I just work on my credit score for a while ?

Thank you

Dagimawit,

Loans for flight training are not easy to get. They’re unsecured and therefore require a very strong credit score and often a co-signer. You should also know to do flight training in the US you need a very thorough background check.

Adam

My husband can be my co signer and I also don’t mind the background check so what do you advise me should I work on building my credit score ? How many years of credit history do they usually require? Thank you

Dagimawit,

You’d really need to call ATP and speak with Kirk in finance as everyone’s situation is different.
+1 904-595-7950

Further it’s but a question of “minding” the background check, it must be done by law.

Adam

Okay thanks