Airline height requirements?

Greetings,
This is my first time using the forum, please inform me if I make any mistakes.
At present, I am 15 years old, turning 16 and I aim to become an airline pilot. After my university studies, I plan on joining ATP.

This is where the problem that’s been weighing on my mind starts; I’m pretty short. I’m around 5’5-5’5.5 (with shoes) and around maybe 5’3-5’4 without. While I am aware that adjustments can be made to the rudder pedals and seats, I would appreciate confirmation. Would this affect flying widebodies such as the 767, 787, A330, and A350? Narrowbodies such as the 737, 757, A320, and A321?
This question also goes for the regionals that operate the CRJ such as Endeavor Air, which I plan on joining for the flow to Delta. (with fallbacks just incase such as jetBlue, Hawaiian, United, and American.)

Thank you very much.

Tamesh,

At 5’3-5’4" you’ll be fine. I know some female pilots who measure in at 5’0-5’1".

Not an issue.

Adam

1 Like

Hello Adam…
My apology for random spot to ask this question, and this is for friend of mine, who lives out of US. Now, we all know if you hold a bachelors degree in Aviation 1500 hours ATP requirement will reduced to 1000 hours. Friend of mine he has bachelor in aviation from Iran who is going to move to US to be here with his family now the question is is that acceptable for 1000 hours requirements here??? Or is because he didn’t got his bachelors here in US. It’s not gonna be acceptable for 1000 requirements by FAA.
Thank you

Mehdi,

You’re actually incorrect. Merely having a BA/BS does not get you a hour reduction. Your flight training must be part of that degree program and approved by the FAA to get the reduction, regardless of where you earned it.

Adam

I really appreciate your quick response Adam

Tamesh,

I can’t speak on the larger of airplanes, but I do know pilots that carry seat cushions around with them. During training you may find it necessary to use one, but almost every larger jet that I’ve come across has had seat adjustments that are superior to trainer aircraft. I almost whack my head on the overhead circuit breakers because I take the seat up too high originally.

Brady

1 Like

Good to know, thank you!

Thank you very much.

Tamesh,

I do not see this being an issue for you. The rudder pedals in most airplanes come back pretty far and the seats are all adjustable. Being too tall is actually much tougher than being short as far as aviation is concerned.

Chris

1 Like