Aspiring airline pilot

Hi!

So i’m always online looking at what I should do to become an airline pilot, and I have trouble with what I should do . Obviously, build as much hours as you can, but I want to figure the future out in advance of what I should do. I would like to become a pilot for the majors (American, Delta, UPS, Fed Ex, Southwest) and im just wondering what I should look at doing. I’m definitely planning on getting a four year degree at a college. Maybe what i’m trying to say is, what is the easiest way to become a major airline pilot? Second part to this are some questions that might be answered already on here, but how many years will I be at regionals if I want to become a major airline pilot? Also, what are the things I can do now besides get hours that can get me ahead of the game so that I can become a major airline pilot young (my young is 23, 24, not sure if that’s right) and just the best way to get to the majors young, and not be at regionals that long I’m glad i’m young and want to be an airline pilot this young because I think since im young, it could benefit to what i’m saying above. Thank again!!

Ethan

Ethan,

I recommend you take a look at our FAQ section as that will answer most if not all your questions.

As for getting to a Major “young” this is not a race. You need to build experience and since the youngest you can be to work for a Regional is 21, you shouldn’t plan on being at a Major by 23, 24. The fact is flying for a Major is the pinnacle of our profession and while it’s great to have that as a goal, you shouldn’t discount the value of flying for a Regional and not simply look at it as a “check box” on your way.

Adam

1 Like