I’m High school senior student and i want to become an airline pilot

Hi my name is Ali and I’m in my senior year high school so I want to become an major airline pilot but I don’t know what should i do right after I graduate from High School. I heard that they want 4 years college degree can you clarify that please and tell me what should i do when I graduate from high school.

Ali,

Yes, the major airlines want to see four year degrees, the regional airlines generally do not ask for one.

As for the next steps, Adam wrote a great guide that pertains to you, it can be found with a lot of other great information in the FAQ section. How do I become an Airline Pilot?

We generally recommend college first, then flight training, as it is simply easier to stay in school mode and finish your degree, plus there is a certain maturity that is involved in flight training.

I would also urge you to work on your capitalization and punctuation in your writing. These things matter when you are applying for a $300k+ a year job.

Check out the FAQ section and let us know how else we can help you.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will go to college and then I will complete my training, but which subject should I choose in the college to get my 4 years degree?

Ali,

Really any subject would be fine. The airlines simply want to see a four year degree, the field of study is not important. I would encourage you to study something that you find interesting.

Chris