ATP flight instructor

Is it guranteed that a person will get to make up flight hours as an Instructor or does it depend on their overall perfomance at ATP? And if a person doesnt get in then can they make up the hour by gliding, skydiving or any other way?

Inna,

CFI positions at ATP are not guaranteed. Do well and finish with minimum check ride busts and you are much more likely to receive an offer.

You can teach at another flight school or build time using any of the other methods that you asked about. That said, I would strongly recommend teaching vs any other method as it is among the highest quality time building methods and prepares you for the airlines.

Tory

1 Like

Inna,

ATP does not guarantee instructor positions and your should be happy about that. You’re contemplating investing $90k+ in your future career. Would you really want an instructor who only got the job because he was guaranteed the position OR would you want the most qualified person?

Adam

Thank you, you’re absolutely right. I was just asking because i want to know the possibilities of it happening. But would they recommend other ways to make up the time?

Inna,

You can build time many ways besides flight instructing, flying sky divers is one of the common methods. I suppose gliding would count for some of the time requirements, but certainly not for all of it.

That being said, flight instructing is by far the best way to build flight time as it truly helps you cement your skills and knowledge.

Chris