ATP Program Admissions

Couldn’t find any threads on this after scrolling for a while, so. I’d like to get into the program but I can’t afford not to work full time. Also I have a PPL Rotorcraft rating. Is it an all or none program? Would the rating help me at all? Thanks.

Josh,

You could do a fixed-wing transition for your PPL and that would save you some money but working during the program is out.

People love the accelerated timeline but to accomplish that requires a full-time commitment to the program.

Adam

1 Like

Josh,

ATP’s program is a full time commitment, there simply is not time to work during the program. Your PPL will only. help you if you convert it to a fixed wing PPL.

Chris

1 Like

Josh,

I would consider converting your Rotorcraft to Fixed-Wing PPL, and enter ATP’s program at that time. I think you would find yourself paying (not just money, time as well) a lot more to enter as a “Zero Time” already having your PPL in Rotorcraft.

As for working, you will find if you scroll through the forum many comments from all the mentors: “We do not recommend working during the program at ATP.” There are opportunities during the financing application that you may add a few hundred dollars to the loan to help offset living expenses. If you have a financial question, I’d refer you to Kirk at ATP Finance Department.

Brady

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the quick replies! Yes I intend to add fixed wing to my license regardless, they’re more readily available then rotor craft. I may have to work on that for a bit then re-visit the program.

Thanks very much.

Josh,

Best of luck getting those converted. Once you do, you could come in credit private and pick up the rest of your training from instrument. Let us know if you have any other questions or if we could help in any way.

Hannah

Gotcha. Out of curiosity, I got quit a bit of time under the hood before the school went under, all rotorcraft naturally. Would I be able to salvage any of that with the ATP program?

Josh,

ATP has to entry points, zero time and credit for PPL. Regardless of what your experience is, you will enter at one of those points and complete the program, the program cannot be customized. Your time under the hood will be beneficial to you as experience, but it will not change the course of your training program.

Chris

1 Like