Aviation Questions

Hello, I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. College Recommendations that include certifications

2. Does Air Canada Hire Americans

3. How would I afford to become a pilot?

Thanks and hope to see replies

Ryan,

Welcome to the forums.

1. We cannot recommend any college programs that include certifications as we all obtained our ratings through ATP. I can tell you that going the college route to get your ratings is probably the most expensive way possible to go. You can earn credits for the flight training you do at ATP, learn more about that here: https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/college-credit.html

2. I am not sure, but I highly doubt it. You will need to check with them directly.

3. The vast majority of student pilots finance their flight training. Read more about that here: https://atpflightschool.com/financing/

I would strongly encourage you to check out the FAQ section as there is a wealth of information there that will help answer many of your questions. Of course we are always happy to help answer them as well.

Chris

Ha! Kinda ATP basis there. Anyways thanks for the advice

Ryan,

1. As Chris said there’s none I would recommend since I don’t recommend college aviation programs. They’re generally very expensive and very inefficient. Further the airlines don’t require or even prefer an aviation degree and if flying doesn’t work out you really have no backup.

2. The do provided you can acquire the right to work in Canada which from what I understand can be very challenging. Curious as to why you’d want to? It’s crazy cold up there!

3. We obviously have no idea of your financial situation. If you’ve got wealthy parents ask them. If not most people take out loans.

Adam

Hi Adam thanks for the advice. I want to work at Air Canada to get away from America(cuz politics). Anyways thanks for the advice.

P.S Rich parents lol

Totally your call but you know they have politics in Canada too :wink:

Adam

2 Likes

Quick question what airlines (Legacy) would hire ATP candidates. And would airlines that require degrees, would they make a exception to ATP pilots? Lastly what gpa is required to be a ATP student. Thanks!

Ryan,

ATP is a flight school not a college or university. There are hundreds (maybe thousands?) of ATP grads at legacy carriers. That said doing your training at ATP does not in any way cover the 4yr degree requirement nor does ATP have a GPA minimum.

Adam

Ryan,

To my knowledge there are ATP graduates flying for every major airline. You can see ATP’s airline placements here: https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/ and can also filter by airline. Keep in mind that is just the placements that ATP knows about, many pilots do not report back once they have moved on.

While ATP is a respected flight school, a nine month program is certainly not a substitute for a four year degree. I would plan on getting one if you want to get to the majors.

Chris