Aviation University questions

Hello! Does it matter what aviation university I go to get my ATP? What I’m trying to say is, for example, would I be picked up by a regional or major airline faster if I go to a certain aviation university. (I.E. Macon Middle Georgia aviation school and Embry-Riddle Aviation school)

Also, would it be cheaper to just get my ATP at a university than getting every single license at the same time?

Thanks guys!

Brayden,

It doesn’t matter what school you get your degree from. Your degree doesn’t need to be aviation related, nor does it need to be from an aviation college. Any 4-year degree will suffice.

It will most certainly not be cheaper to get your ratings at an aviation university. In fact, that’s probably the most expensive route, unless you can find a way to earn scholarships to those schools.

Also, I just want to make sure you understand that most pilots these days get hired by regional airlines without an ATP license because regional airlines will pay for the ATP training.

Tory

Thank you! Want licenses will I need to have to be picked up from a regional airline?

So what your saying is I could go to a regular flight school I’m my area (not college) to get my licenses and just go to a local college?

Yes. Take a few minutes and read the articles in the FAQ section. There’s a ton of good info in there.

Tory