CFI nights and ME

Hello,

I’m just curious if any of you could ballpark about how many night hours and ME hours you would acquire as an ATP CFI if you taught from graduation to the 1500.

Thanks

The program has changed since I started instructing, but no one seems to be having issues getting the hour requirements.
I started instructing Jan 2018, finished June 2019, had 150hrs ME, 85hrs of night and plenty of night landings. (You can substitute some night landings for night hours to meet the 100hr ATP requirement.)

Now the program is 25 ME which is the min needed to graduate. And each location has one or maybe a few people that actually teach ME. Not sure how the choose the instructor that teaches in the ME though.

Thank you.
So you’re saying you could hypothetically graduate and then teach until 1500 hours and still only leave with 25 hours ME?

Potentially. Like my location has only 1 ME instructor.

25ME is the minimum at most if not all regionals to get hired. You are able to get the other 25 required hours while in simulator training.

I see. Thank you guys.

I’ve seen a few folks who are in the 1300 range and short on night talk to their lead instructors/corporate. They get extra night flying to hit ATP minimums. Like Tucker said, I’ve never heard of anyone being short, as long as they stay proactive.

I’m finishing with 350ME, 80 night (+landings).

To second that, when the program changed, they did tell us that when you are getting near your hours if you are short of any requirements they will help to ensure that by your 1500hr mark you have met all other requirements.