Check ride failures

I unfortunately failed my ME add-on twice. Once was knowledge and the second was an unstable instrument approach. I have since passed the checkride and added 100 hrs to my tt.
Is it possible to get a job as a FO flying corporate jets? Once I have 1500 hours

Ted,

First of you don’t need 1500hrs to fly corporate. That’s a 121 airline requirement (frankly something you should know).

As for whether you’ll get hired, if those are your only busts you should be fine, but keep in mind “corporate” means alot of different things. If it’s a private owner and you’re flying their new G650 with their family on it, they may scrutinize your resume a little more than a company flight dept. Main thing is when you’re asked don’t lie and have a good story of what you learned from the experiences.

Adam

Ted,

Going to be very honest, a double bust doesn’t look good. Especially because that’s your most recent failure and the one you’d use as the baseline for any jet type rating. The part 135 industry is very competitive for the good jobs. You may meet the right people in the FBO and slide in, or you may never hear back from your application submission. It’s hard to say. The best thing you can do, continue to build ME time. Fly safe and network.

Hannah

Ted,

This is where the TMAAT (Tell Me About A Time) question is going to be asked and have a good response showing what you learned from it. Double busting a checkride, especially, the Multi-Engine Add-On is a huge checkride, no matter airline or corporate. Most of the corporate fliers are flying around in a multi engine aircraft, turbo- or turbofan aircraft. Continue flying safe, exhibiting good flying behaviors and keep your record clean from here out and you should be okay. Use it as an opportunity of growth and make sure to network.

Brady

Thank you all for your feed back. I take full responsibility for the failures. I had finished fly the MQ9 Predator reaper and have over 2000 hrs in the unmanned vehicle. I wanted to get back into manned flying and proceeded to multi engine without knocking enough rust off. I had not flown in a manned aircraft for 1and a half years and flew 16hrs before training. I have now flown over 100 since. Ultimately I am wondering if I am now chasing a dream with the busts.
Thanks again for all the input.