College accreditation

I am currently enrolled in a nationally accredited online college for my bachelors degree. My understanding is that a regionally accredited college is more widely preferred. For the airlines does it matter or is a degree a degree?

1 Like

Nick,

There’s no question Regional accreditation is preferred over National. That said as long as your school isn’t a “for profit” institution you should be fine.

Adam

Adam,

Thank you for the reply. Columbia Southern University is a “for profit” institution. Per their website,

“Columbia Southern University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). CSU has maintained accreditation since it was initially granted on January 15, 2001 and received its most recent renewal of accreditation through January 2026. All CSU programs have been reviewed and approved by DEAC. The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized agency, and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation(CHEA). CHEA is a nonprofit organization serving as a national advocate for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation.”

In your opinion , do you recommended going elsewhere?

Nick,

I recommend reaching out to a couple airlines directly and asking them what they think.

Tory

Will do thank you!

1 Like

What Tory said.

Adam

Nick,

I am going to add my voice to the chorus here that you should check with several airlines directly. My understanding has always been that regional accreditation is better, as are non-profit schools, but I am not an expert in the field.

Chris