Do major airlines care if your BS degree is regionally or nationally accredited?

Hello! So I am 26 with my PPL and am wanting to pursue aviation into the majors!

I am trying to take advantage of this stay at home Covid-19 situation by getting my BS online.

The school I was looking at is Capella University (A completely online school) and it is regionally accredited and FOR profit.

Will this satisfy airlines such as Delta and Alaskan?

I know for the military your degree has to be both regionally and nationally so I was wondering if major airlines have similar rules???

Thank you so much!!!

Alex,

The airline’s have no hard fast rule like the military does for accreditation but generally “for profit” online only schools are not particularly favored.

Adam

Thank you for responding!!

Is there any reason behind that that you know of??? :sob:

Because those schools are not well established institutions of learning but more offices with virtual classes.

Adam

1 Like

Alex,

Many for profit colleges are known for simply being printing presses of degrees and not instilling an actual education on the students. I would find a school that has a physical presence somewhere and is not for profit.

Chris

1 Like

Sorry to keep this thread going, and thank you for the advice!

Do either of you possibly have any recommendations for any respectable online schools?

Just with COVID and moving (hopefully joining ATP), I am wanting something that can move around with me (:

(Possibly any other schools that would accept aviation stuff as credits like Embry Riddle?)

Alex,

Check out this link: https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/college-credit.html