College degree choices

Hello!
So to start off, I’m about 6 weeks give it take from graduating highschool!!! VERY EXCITED, but I don’t foresee my education slowing down any for the next 5.2 years up till I’m 21 :laughing:, Maybe I’ll take a summer off or something. This fall I am starting at my local community college, to at least get my GenEd classes. But, I have some questions about degrees. JCCC(community college) offers an associates degree in business administration which I am highly considering getting, then, online Embry-Riddle has an Associates in Aviation Business Administration. I’ve looked at all required courses for both degrees and they are pretty similar, and Embry Riddles doesn’t seem to include any “aviation” in it. It looks like a generic business administration degree. Ignoring money as a factor, would the "aviation business administration degree be more beneficial but still provide a good second option if I end up not being able to fly?(I don’t know if this is the proper place to be asking this question, if it isn’t maybe you could point me to some people who would have insite on it?)
Thank you all!
Garner

Garner,

The airlines want to see a 4yr degree from a legitimate accredited school. They give no consideration nor do they care what you study so choose something you enjoy or might want as a backup.

Adam

Garner,

I would get an undergraduate degree that is cost effective and from a respected school. The field of study really does not matter.

Chris

Garner,

Anything that you find worth studying and would enjoy doing if something flying related stopped. You want to ensure not only you check the box, but have a backup plan if something happened.

Brady

Thank you guys! This is good to know.
Garner