Coming from active duty

Hey everyone. I am an active duty soldier but fly as much as I can. I am hoping to have my commercial single engine by the time I get out next february. What would my move be after that?

Jonathan,

What are your goals and what is your plan to time build to get to where you want to be? All you need to do is look at the requirements for the job you want and that will tell you which ratings you’ll need.

Tory

Jonathan,

Your question is pretty vague but I’m going to go out on a limb and assume your talking about become an airline pilot.

If that’s the case you’re going to need to build the 1500hrs required and earn your multi engine rating (plus at least 25hrs ME time). The most common route is by earning your CFIs and flight instructing. There are other means but they can be hard to come by.

Adam

Jonathan,

Get your CFI ratings and build time as a flight instructor. It is the tried and true path to get to the airlines.

Chris

I want to become an airline pilot

Would ATP be a good place for doing that?

Jonathan,

ATP has produced more airline pilots than any other flight school, so yes, they would be good at helping you to become an airline pilot.

That being said, there are two entry points into ATP’s program, zero hours or private pilot license. If you are already beyond your PPL, I would suggest thinking carefully as it might not make financial sense for you to go down that path.

Please check out the FAQ section and ATP’s main website as there is a wealth of information on both of them.

Chris