Couple Questions

Hey all,

I tried finding the answers to some of these questions on the forum before posting but some of the answers are a bit old and I just want to make sure nothing has changed.

1. For the crew based training - can that all be done at your home training facility or does it require temporarily shifting to another location?

2. How long away from home is the CFI Academy? Who pays for the living costs associated with being away from home for the CFI Academy? I was looking at the location in Concord, NC. Online, they are listed as having a CFI Academy, but today I was told that due to staffing issues they are rolling back their CFI Academy and I would need to go elsewhere for that portion.

3. What’s the likelihood of staying a flight instructor at location where you complete your training? I am already moving once for this academy and would prefer not to a second time within a year.

4. Generally speaking, once my financing is approved and I’ve taken an admission flight, how long until I am eligible to start my program?

Thanks for your attention and help!

Quinn,

1. The idea of crew is to get you away from your home base so you can build some experience and confidence. You should count on being away for a week or 2.

2. Another couple of weeks for CFI. ATP will cover the housing but food, etc is on you.

3. Chances are prob 50/50. It’s all about what’s available when you complete your training. When you do you’ll be asked your preferences and shown a list of available slots. Hopefully one works for you. If not you’re free to look for another instructor position.

4. That’s really up to you. It’s a matter of choosing a location and then seeing when the next available start date is.

Adam

Thank you for that information. Are you (or anyone else) able to elaborate on what the “crew training” portion entails? I’m not able to find much detail on that

Check this link where each phase is explained in detail:

Adam

I had reviewed that. I was just hoping someone could provide a little insight into what’s expected during that portion from first-hand experience.

Thanks!

Quinn,

I would visit the student experience section of the forum and read what others have said.

Adam

Quinn,

There is so much in the Student Experiences section on the forum that students have dropped firsthand experience. HOWEVER, I recommend that you schedule an Admissions Flight and get your OWN firsthand experience at a training center and what it’s like to be a student at ATP. It’s great to connect with fellow instructor/students and ask questions about specific locations that we on the forum can’t answer sometimes.

Brady