Credit for ratings

Hello all,
I’m curious about the time and cost if I went to ATP and already had my private and instrument.

Don

Don,

ATP offers 2 options to start. One with zero time, the other with credit for your Private. There is no credit for your Instrument and you would refresh your instrument training during the course. As for the time and cost see here:
https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/

Adam

Don,

Adam already covered the specifics, but some students in your position chose to start the program from private and go through the instrument training again (without taking the instrument checkride of course). Others go elsewhere to complete their ratings. It really is up to you.

Chris

Hey guys thanks for responding so quickly. My personal situation is I have a 12 and 8 year old. I was trying to minimize the months away from home.
Let me ask you, the Delaware location, is it full service? Like can I do the 6 months there and instruct there? If so how busy are they there? Asking that to have a rough idea about how long it would take to generate hours as an instructor.

Don,

The info on the DE location is available on ATP’s website (https://atpflightschool.com/flight_schools/delaware/wilmington-ilg.html) but yes they offer the 50hr Career Program. As for instructing for ATP they recently changed their policy to allow grads to chose any location they like. In the past you were sent where there was most need. You can absolutely chose any location you like but know there are no guarantees as to how many hours you’ll build there or how long it will take to get to the magic 1500. On the average most ATP instructors build approx. 75hrs a month but again no guarantees, particularly since you can chose. Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Adam

Thanks Adam. I’m asking because I’m 1 hour and 20 mins from the airport in Delaware. Was thinking of commuting during the 6 month training and flight instructing.

Don,

Totally your call but know ATP is at least 5 days a week and there will be some LONG days, late nights and early mornings.

Adam

Don,

While doable, that is a significant commute. I think that you will be okay doing it, but it makes for some very long days for you.

Chris

Thanks for the info guys!