Current ATP Students... what's it like in a day?

So I have heard that it varies day to day, and I have also heard that it is based on how much you build your own schedule. But is anyone that is a student right now able to detail what you did yesterday or a random day this coming week? I watched a youtube video and the student woke up at 3 am and did not get back home until 10pm. Is this normal? Also, what is the success rate for getting one day off per week? Sunday, in particular.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,

It does vary and most of the current students are very much focused on their studies. Again we recommend visiting the Student Experience section.

As for days off most of the time you’ll have a day or 2. The caution is you must be available 7 in case days have to be moved for weather etc.

Adam

Adam,

I don’t mean to make this sound blunt, but it will - you won’t build your own schedule, your instructor will. I am sure some students will chime in what they did on Wednesday or maybe a previous week. Below is a summary video ATP put together for prospective students that inquire what a “typical day” at ATP looks like.

Depending on how far away you are commuting to the training center, you may have longer days than others. I can say I the only time I saw days ending past sundown were AATD events (if the simulator was booked all day) and/or night flights that are requirements per federal regulations for aeronautical experience to be applicant for certificates.

Brady