Deferred to FAA by AME

I have a question in regards to a 3rd class medical that was deferred for FAA consideration. I took my physical on 09/25/19, everything went good but the AME deferred due to a question about my cancer history Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I have been cancer free for 6 year. AME said I would get a letter from FAA telling me what to send in, but he said I’ve been doing this for a long time and this is what they are going to ask for, and he writes down a list that included getting a letter from my cancer doctor saying that I am no longer taking chemotherapy or radiation and that I have been in remission for 6 years and cancer free. He also said to send in the last scans and blood work that I have done.

Question is should I go ahead and mail everything in to save time or should I wait for letter from FAA telling me everything I should send in?

Thanks,
Marc

Marc,

I would consult your AME, but if it were me I would wait until the information from the FAA arrived or call the FAA and ask them directly.

Tory

Thanks Tory! Will listen to your advice.

Marc

Wait for the FAA. The letter will contain a few different case #s that you’ll need to include with your response.

Have everything neatly organized and labeled with the case #s on the folder as well as each document to ensure the fastest response from FAA.

Thanks for your help Anderson!