Envoy December 2023 Schedule - Roscoe

Hey everyone!

December ended up being an interesting month for me. I had a long period off between my last trip in November and my first in December, so I ended up traveling back to England with my family for a long weekend. When I got back home, I was pretty sick and I had to call off from my sequence. Luckily I had a lot of available sick time accumulated from being a cadet, so I was still credited/paid for the trip as usual. I was then displaced from my trip prior to the holiday period for a new FO’s IOE. As a result, I didn’t fly much in December, which was nice in some aspects. I got paid for the trips I lost and I probably needed a slight break, since I’ve been trying to pick up as much open time as possible. Can’t complain! I got all of the days off thatI bid for, which was a pleasant surprise! I did miss flying though and I’ve already maxed out my schedule for January to make up for it.

Here was my schedule for the month of December:

Originally Awarded
Block: 69.11
Credit: 73.06
Days Off: 14

Actual
Monthly Flight time: 31.01
Credited time: 75.56 (73.03+ 2.53 hours OT)
Nights away from base: 6
Days off: 23

1 - OFF
2 - OFF
3 - OFF
4 - OFF
5 - OFF
6 - OFF
7 - SICK
8 - SICK
9 - SICK
10 - SICK
11 - OFF
12 - OFF
13 - OFF
14 - OFF
15 - DFW-XNA
16 - XNA-CLT-EYW-CLT
17 - CLT-LIT
18 - LIT-DFW-GNV-DFW
19 - OFF
20 - DFW-CRP-DFW (OT)
21 - OFF (DISPLACED)
22 - OFF (DISPLACED)
23 - OFF (DISPLACED)
24 - OFF (DISPLACED)
25 - OFF
26 - OFF
27 - OFF
28 - DFW-RAP
29 - RAP-DFW-CHA-DFW-SJT
30 - SJT-DFW
31- OFF (Removed because it touched my first January trip)

While I’m sharing my December schedule, I figured I could share a brief 2023 flying summary (for those who are curious).

Company flight time: 465 hours (APR-DEC)
Flights: 288
Landings: 137
Destinations: 68
Total Time: 1975 hours (JUN2020-DEC2023)

I know I’ve mentioned it in most of my updates, but I’m still extremely grateful and proud to have the opportunity to fly the E175 for Envoy. So far this career has exceeded my expectations and I’m so happy to call this my “job”. I’m looking forward to 2024 and hopeful that things keep going well. Hopefully some of my posts this year have been helpful for those wishing to pursue (or already pursuing) this career.

Wishing the best for everyone in 2024 and happy new year!

Roscoe

7 Likes

Roscoe,

Nice way to finish out the year with the holiday(s) off (displaced)!

Also, you afraid to come to the Northeast and fly up in the colder states? :wink:

Brady

1 Like

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off! Nice!

Hannah

1 Like

Brady,

It was! And yes, you’ve discovered my secret that I try to avoid any northern flying. I’ve been awarded a few trips with northeast flying initially, but I always trade out for something warmer and with higher time in the trip trade window. Why fly to HPN, BUF, or SYR in the winter when you can trade into a trip with Key West and Hilton Head turns! I’ll get to flying up there eventually, it just might not be until May :wink:

Roscoe

2 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like