Extracurriculars in HS to prepare for Flight school

Hi everyone,

Im on my 10th year in High school and im preparing on applying for after my diploma which is 2 years from now. Are there any extracurriculars that I could be focusing on that could help my application or are there any online programs that I could work on which would help me in the future.

1 Like

Zachary,

Welcome to the forum, right now you should be focusing on obtaining good grades and finish strong in high school. There are free materials out there online, the FAA publishes and some YouTube things here-and-here that you can find. Do you have any plans after high school as far as college, whether community to start general education credits or accredited university to get a bachelor degree?

You could look into going to your nearest airport, FBO, and seeing if there is any clubs or programs like Civil Air Patrol that you could participate in. The other thing is taking an introductory (discovery) flight to ensure that this is something you could see yourself doing.

Brady

1 Like

Zachary,

Honestly, the best thing you can do right now is to focus on doing well in high school. If your goal is to fly for the majors, you will want a college degree at some point and it will need to be from a reputable school. Do well in high school so that your GPA is good and stay out of trouble.

There really are not any classes at the high school level that pertain to aviation.

Chris

1 Like

Zachary,

I’m with Chris on this one. While extracurricular never looks bad on a resume, nothing looks better than a strong GPA. Focus on your studies and do well and you’ll be successful.

Adam

1 Like