FAA Exams Prior to Start Date

Hello, my name is Ankel and im interested in enrolling at ATP, I’ve seen a couple discussions on the topic but I just didn’t quite get the answer I was looking for. I love aviation and studying is not a problem I absolutely enjoy learning and getting my hands on anything aviation. I’m curious about exactly what materials I need to help me study and pass the PPL written as well as the other ones. My worry is that I’m already afraid of the loan and I’m willing to do what I have to to achieve my dream but I honestly do not want to spend anymore money on additional training outside the program knowing its all included already. So whether I have to pay or not additionally outside of the tuition, what are the materials I need to pass the written exams. Is it all in the PHAK? Where else do I find the knowledge needed? I just seek to prepare to the best of my ability.

Once you have secured a start date and made your deposit you can use Kings School through ATP for your PPL Written. Honestly, I tried many different study methods prior to doing this and Kings was the best for me for the written, i got a 98% on my written using it. Any topics you get stuck on, watch some free MzeroA videos on youtube or other youtube videos to further explain those concepts. And take a lot of practice exams on Kings, or invest in a 10$ app such as Sportys Study Buddy or Prep ware to just keep going through the questions. I spent more time than I should have on the material, it all clicks more once you start flying definitely just get the exam out of the way. I am currently working on my IFR Written using Shephard Air, also supplied by ATP.

1 Like

Ankel,

As Kimberly said, you will get access to the King Schools prep once you put down your deposit, this really should be everything you need to study for the PPL written. I would not spend much time on the PHAK, it is convoluted and difficult to read, the ATP provided prep software will be all you need.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Kimberly was great reading your post!

Ankel,

As the others have said the materials are all available after you give your deposit ot there are other study guides available. That said while I appreciate you want to save money where and when you can, flight training is expensive. If you’re goal is to become an airline pilot you will be investing tens of thousands of dollars and there’s no way around that. I you truly “seek to prepare to the best of your ability” then you will need to spend a few dollars. Even if it’s just $10 for Sporty’s Study Buddy.

Adam

1 Like

Thank You Kimberly this helps so much I appreciate your input this puts me more at ease. Glad to see everyone is so team oriented as I am and willing to help each other out Wish you luck on your Journey :slight_smile:

Chris Thank you very much for reinforcing what Kimberly said this really put me at ease of what I should do once that time comes! And yes i figured the PHAK was important but if since you say the ATP material is much more important best believe I will on that as much as I can.

Adam Thank you as well for your input, I definitely know that with this industry investing money is a must but that’s particularly why I would want to save everywhere I can however an Investment is an Investment and I am willing to pay for everything I need. Appreciate your reminder and advice truly noted. :slight_smile: