Finally Enrolled!

Hello Jon,

This is something I wanted to do for a long time and it seems like is finally going to happen. When I was told I was accepted for the loan I couldn’t believe it. I’m going to have to make a lot of changes and sacrifices in my life but I don’t mind because Pursuing my dream. I’m definitely going to study as hard as I can and do well during training. Thank you for your advise!

2 Likes

Hi Diego,

Yes, the instructor has to fill out a quick eval form which will be used in part to make their decision.
No specific knowledge is required, it is more a chance for ATP to meet you and vice versa and make sure you’re a good fit for the program.

There is one online module that they should have told you to take, which basically explains what will be happening during the intro. flight and what to expect.

Hey Diege,

Your going to have a blast! What Chris told me was to just relax sit back and enjoy yourself! Did mines back in March 2019 and it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. Hope everything is up to your expectation!

Aloha

Joseph

I can’t wait for that day!. Question, one of my good friends gave me a pair of Bose headsets, they’re used, but they are in really good condition, do you think I can bring them and try them during my intro flight?

I would absolutely try them during the flight.

1 Like

Yes, what Chris said!
I brought my own headset to my intro flight.

Good! I’m going to bring them then,Thank you guys!

Hey all,

Just an update- I finished crew a few days ago, took 3 weeks from after my instrument checkride. Had some weather delays and had to wait around for a crew partner. On my “days off” from crew, I used the time to fly in the Seminole to knock out my complex aircraft time. The Seminole is a bada**, definitely looking forward to flying it again. l currently have 16 flight hours to learn the Commercial Maneuvers and my checkride will be in about two weeks. This part of the program is crazy fast paced, but definitely enjoying every minute.

Jon

3 Likes

Did you start crew from your own training center, or did they fly you somewhere to meet up with your crew partner?

It started from my own training center. I had to wait a week for two other students to pass their checkrides. Once they were done, flight ops rotated us three.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, you will be finished before you know it.

Chris

Hello!

I live in Brooklyn, and I’m really interested in starting the school to be a pilot. I don’t have any experience but I have this need and passion lately that made me looking for any information about how to become one.

But, I don’t have a plan. I don’t know from were to start and I would like to know if you can guide me a little bit on terms of starting to get things together. And Long Island is not that far from where I live, so who knows what can happen…

Well the first thing I recommend doing, is if you plan on starting with ATP or any flight school for that matter, take a discovery flight! With ATP it is required before you become enrolled anyway so you will have to at some point take one. After your discovery flight, they will give you a brochure thing thing that highlights the steps to becoming enrolled, and I believe somewhere on ATP’s site is that same list. For most people after their intro flight, the next step is getting a loan unless you have a means to pay out of pocket(Most people dont.) also here is the FAQs https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/

Joshua is right in that your absolute first step should be a discovery flight. Beyond that, check out the FAQ section as there is a lot of good information there that will help you get started.

After that, we will be happy to help answer specific questions.

Chris

Thanks!

ok thank you

Hey all,

Secured an early birthday gift to myself this morning. Passed my Commercial Single ride! Right on schedule and just in time for CFI school on the 5th.

Going to celebrate this win with some friends and family this weekend then buckle up for CFI school!

Cheers,
Jon

5 Likes

Perfect cause for celebration! If I may? Licenses are earned, not gifted :wink: congrats on your hard EARNED success.

Tory

1 Like

Jon,

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic news. Thank you for the update.

Chris

1 Like

Congrats! Which location will you be going to? I start academy at LZU on the 5th.