Finances/starting out

I want to get started but dont know where to begin. How do i start my private pilots license and is there a program to help pay for it?

Hunter,

The first step is to take an intro flight or lesson and make sure it’s something you really want to do. Next is choose a flight school. If you ultimately want to fly professionally we recommend a full-time academy (like ATP) that only focuses on training pilots for airline careers. There are loans available to help with the cost.

I recommend you check out our FAQ section and the ATP website as there’s tons of great info there.

Adam

Okay well how do you set up a intro level or a lesson and will the flight school help me cover the cost it takes to get my private pilot’s license

Hunter,

You simply find your nearest flight school and schedule a lesson or intro flight.

No, they will not help you. They’re a business and you’re a customer. You provide the money and they provide the service.

Adam

Hunter,

Flight training is expensive and takes a huge commitment to be successful. There are very few scholarships or grants so most people have to secure a loan to pay for training.

Visit our FAQ section and the link I’ll post below for more information.

Hannah