Financial aid

I was wondering how i would go about going into the program already working with an airline prior to starting schooling so its a little cheaper Any advice or suggestions?

Welcome, Bradley,

I’m not sure I follow?

The cost of the program is listed on ATP’s website. There are two prices. One starting from zero. One starting with a Private Pilot License.

Working for an airline will not reduce the cost of the program.

ATP does have agreements with many airlines though, which offer tuition reimbursement.

Tory

Thats what i was wondering is how i go about the reimbursement thing works?

Actually i figured out my mind boggle.

1 Like

Bradley,

Like Tory mentioned, there is only two costs, credit private and “zero-to-hero.”

There is already a ton of answers based on tuition reimbursement and cadet programs through the forum. On the ATP website, they have a breakdown of how most of the programs work, I highly encourage to browse Airline Sponsored Pilot Training / ATP Flight School.

Brady

Bradley,
You become eligible for tuition reimbursement only after you have completed the program, successfully secured a CFI position with ATP and get accepted in to a regionals cadet program. Unfortunately starting out you have to front the cost out of pocket or with a loan. It’s a risk but most things worth having are a little risky.
-Hannah

Your absolutley right hannah. Its worth every penny. I honestly knew nothing about a tuition reimbursement until my wife looked for hours on atp and randomly came across it.

Hello, I hope you are well. I just applied for a student loan in Sallie Mae, and they said the requirement add the co-signer. Do you have an experiment or the other loan without the co-signer? I am a permanent resident; however, I have lived in the U.S. for four years. My purpose is to take a Commercial pilot license.

Mahdi,

Unfortunately these are unsecured loans and therfore require either a very strong credit history or a co-signer. In all likelihood took either need to find a co-signer or wait till you’re credit is stronger.

Adam

Mahdi,

I’ve got first hand experience with this. I first tried to get the Sallie Mae loan without a co-signer (I didn’t have one) my credit was not strong enough. If you don’t have a co signer, you will need near perfect credit to get the loan. I had to continue to build my credit a bit, and I eventually found a co signer to back me up. Your residency status shouldn’t be a factor in your application.

Lucas

Mahdi,
It’s not unusual. Actually, the vast majority of people require a co-signer.
-Hannah

Mahdi,

Call Kirk at ATP. He might have some strategies for you to apply. 904-595-7950.

Tory

I will do that thanks for your response.

Thanks
Best
Mahdi

1 Like