Flight Simulation Training

I have a copy of X-Plane that I currently use. I’ve read topics as to pilots developing bad habits from simulators. I want to try simulating a checkride in X-Plane, so during checkrides, what do they normally ask you to do?

You’re right many pilots do develop bad habits using home simulators because they’re doing so with no instruction or supervision. I have to ask do you believe by simulating a checkride that’ll help you not have them?

That aside the following link will take you to the FAA Airman Certification Standards which outlines everything you’re responsible for during the various Practical exams. Have fun. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/

Adam

1 Like

I think it won’t be completely averted, but I think it could mentally and technically prepare me for future check rides. Thanks for the link, it’s really useful.

Listen you can do as you like and I hate to burst your bubble but without proper instruction you’re not preparing yourself for anything. This isn’t Snakes on a Plane.

Adam

You cannot possibly train for a checkride using any home flight simulator program. I would recommend using your time to study for written exams or learn basic knowledge.

I already have some basic knowledge of aviation as I had interest in aviation for 5 years, However, I’ll take your advice and try to deepen my understanding. Thanks for your opinion.