ForeFlight basic or pro

Hey everyone. I’m excited to start ATP this Monday!! Just a question. Which version of ForeFlight should I get starting out the pro or basic version??

1 Like

I recommend pro, especially for instrument training!

1 Like

Some people like pro for PVT, some people think it can be a crutch. Definitely can have bigger role during instrument.

Up to you and your budget,
Chris F

1 Like

Definely go pro! I went basic but only because I didn’t know any better.
-Jack

1 Like

Raymond,

You can always start private with basic and the pay the remaining in the upgrade cost to the pro when you start instrument. Can save you some money now and still get to use it when you need it.

Hannah

3 Likes

Raymond,

I vote with Hannah on basic, the nice thing about ForeFlight is when you get to instrument you can upgrade.

Brady

1 Like

Thank you to all that responded. I ended up purchasing the pro version :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Good decision. Please get as much training as you can so that you get max benefits and more bang for your bucks. As for training, you can go to ForeFlight YouTube channel and watch their videos. There are other free resources in YouTube. You can subscribe to the ForeFlight free newsletter and get some more on how to operate ForeFlight.

Please remember to train and get intimately knowledgeable before you start using it. It’s important to avoid FF to become a distraction during ground or more importantly during flight training.

Have fun and God Speed,
r.