Foreign CPL into FAA

Hi. I recently become a US legal resident and move from Mexico to Riverside California.

I have a commercial pilot license in Mexico. Though I have only 226 hrs on my flight log.

I would like to know what I would be required in order to obtain a FAA Comercial pilot license.

Thank you in advance.


You’ll need to contact your local FAA FSDO and do some testing.


1 Like


I saved you a step and pulled the contact info for the Riverside FSDO office. They will provide you with the steps to convert your license to an FAA commercial license. It will most likely consist of a logbook review and potentially a few flights to demonstrate proficiency.


1 Like

Thank you for the info Captain.

Thank you so much Hannah.