Hawaiian Airlines Hiring

Hello, I am wondering if anyone (cough, Adam, cough, cough…) has any advice on Hawaiian Airlines’ hiring process and what the best steps are to begin being integrated in to their system? I am currently in the crew stage at ATP and would love to fly for Hawaiian. I am sure I am not alone in this, and I am wondering if I should even pursue them as I do not have a degree and am 42 years old (never thought of myself as old until I began my journey in aviation and now I feel like a grandpa! Haha!). Just looking for a reality check if needed, and a little mentoring on pointing me in the right path and timing. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!!

Dane,

While Hawaiian, like all Majors, have relaxed their degree requirement, they still like one. That said I have seen people hired without. The big thing is they want to see mainland Regional experience. If you’re thinking of going another route (corp or 135) and you want to come to HAL, I wouldn’t.

Adam

Thank you Adam, I am planning on going regional then to the majors, wasn’t sure if Hawaiian had a preferred regional or pathway?

Dane,

We do hire quite a few from SkyWest but I’m not certain that’s not more a matter of logistics? Many locals fly for SkyWest due to their West Coast bases so it could simply be that?

Also Hawaiian does not like checkride busts so you def need to keep those to a minimum.

Adam

Thank you Adam. No busts yet :crossed_fingers: