Headsets

Johan,

No a single plug will not work in any GA aircraft or RJ for that matter. If you bought it new I’d def return it and get the correct one. If you got it used and at a really good price you could keep it and get an adapter. You don’t say if it’s a single 6pin plug or single RCA type? The 6 pin is for the Airbus and the adapter is just plug and play. If it’s the other for helicopters, from what I understand you can still get an adapter but you’ll have to change the setting to mono or you’ll only hear in one ear.

Adam

I’m afraid it’s not a 6-pin so it must be the helicopter one. Anyone have any idea of where one could get an adapter?

Just Google Bose helicopter to 2 plug adapter. There’s a bunch.

Adam

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be joining the Bose club. Will have my A20s in a week. :sunglasses:

I saw Bose headphones on eBay for $500, but they were for helicopters. I was hesitant once someone here said that you’d have to switch the headphones to mono. Does anyone have experience with using them in airplanes? Any concerns?

Ygor,

The helicopter set with an adaptor will work but the sound quality will suffer. You could exchange the cord itself but that piece is over $200. I’d look for the correct Bose for airplanes or if you can’t afford it get a less expensive headset. Trying to make it work correctly on the cheap is never a good idea.

Adam

That was my instinct as well. That’s why I hesitated to buy it even at the “great” price. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

I know I’m digging up an old thread, but I just got my Bose A20 headset in today and boy am I stoked! It is so much lighter than my David Clark 13.4 headset! I feel like I might break it, lol. I got the Bluetooth feature for calling FSS or tower purposes which I may never have to do, but the option is there.

I can’t wait to test it out next week when I go up for my IPC! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Michael,

You won’t be disappointed. Great investment and you’ll get years of use out of them. Also if you ever have an issue Bose has amazing service. Enjoy.

Adam

1 Like