Hiring selectivity

Does anyone have insight on the selectivity of Envoy Air’s flow through program? It’s always been my dream to work for them and go up to American however I don’t want to plan on it if my odds aren’t good, for reference with an associates degree and having gone through ATP flight school?

Raymond,

Regardless of your odds (which should be good provided your training went well and no blemishes on your record) it’s never wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Not having a 4yr degree will limit your career options. While the flow is nice conceptually, there are dozens of issues that could arise. Last year was a perfect example. The pandemic impacted airlines around the globe but based on size and operations, some were hit harder. Most were able to avoid furloughs but one that wasn’t was American. So while Delta and United are talking about hiring, American is not (yet). If another carrier is doing well for whatever reason, you could easily see your peers getting hired elsewhere, getting paid and building seniority while you sit impatiently waiting for your flow.

Adam

Raymond,

I do not have any real insight into Envoy’s hiring practices, but I can tell you that if you do well in flight training and have a clean record, you should have a pretty good chance at getting hired.

I, too will add my voice in that you really should consider getting a degree at some point. While AA is a great place to work for, you do not want to limit yourself to just one carrier. The good news is that you should have plenty of time to work on a degree while you fly for a regional.

Chris

Raymond,
Your odds of getting in to Envoy will be good if you don’t have any accidents or incidents, not many checkride failures and have a good technical interview. However, if you’re banking on that flow without a four year degree you’re taking a huge risk. We recommend you get your bachelors while at the regionals. You never know when the flow can be revoked or they change the admission requirements, etc.

-Hannah