Horizon Pilot Development Program

Marcus, it was sent out via email by Kristen, Horizon’s Outreach Lead for the pilot development program. I would love to send it to you but not necessarily on an open forum so I would reach out to her letting her (or Jared, the other individual in charge of the Pilot Development Program) know you’re interested. I checked and link still works as of this writing. If you have any issues, let me know and I can email it to you myself.

1 Like

Oh, ok. I’ll probably get the email now that I’m in the program. Thanks!

Congratulations, Marcus!

1 Like

Thank you Tory!

1 Like

Just missed it, Tory!

Ben

1 Like

Hopefully this is the case when I get there:)

Speaking of Horizon… Holy Shnikies!

Adam

1 Like

On my way😂

1 Like

This is great news for Horizon. The pilots are more than deserving.

Sure, I may have just missed it, but ALPA is nearing the end of their negotiations with Alaska. I’m not running back to get my old job just yet :wink:

Tory

1 Like

Hi fellow aviators - I’ll be interviewing for the program in few weeks (when they come do my flight school). Maybe a silly question, but what is the proper dress code? The school is very informal and this is an interview for a program (different than a FO position), so should I still go full suit? Really appreciate recommendations from those who went through the process already. Thanks!

Alex,

If they’re simply visting and talking to those with interest, business casual (polo w/khakis) is fine, BUT if they’re actually conducting interviews, a suit is appropriate and always appreciated.

Adam

1 Like

Hi Alex, when I did my interview with Horizon, I did not own a suit and so I dressed as Adam had suggested with business casual. The interviewers were very relaxed and I was able to receive an offer into the program without any issues.

1 Like

Alex,

When I had my interview with Horizon Development Program I rented a suit. I may have been a little over dressed🤷🏾‍♂️ I would say half had suits, half were business casual. Some had full beards even. So I would say overall the interview process is very relaxed. Good luck!

I’ve always been told by some of the best to always dress as if you’re working for the job. If you’re interviewing with an airline, why wouldn’t you want to wear a suit? Name the last time (and NOT Hawaiian - that’s cheating) that you see pilots not wearing slacks, button down with a tie (and jacket in winter months). I always wore a suit for my interviews, why cut yourself short if you’ve made it this far to interview?

Spend the extra few dollars if you can and look like a professional pilot.

Brady