Airline Interview after just earning your PPL?!?!

Ok my mind is officially blown! For those of you out there who are still in doubt about how deep the pilot shortage is or how GOOD it is to get started now I just came across this link from Mesa. In short you can interview after you earn your PPL and they’ll PAY for your CFI’s! These are INSANE times we’re living in! If you have a passion for this career and don’t take advantage of the current hiring environment well simply put, shame on you! Oh and yes ATP applies.

http://www.mesa-air.com/content.aspx?pageID=30299&CNM=CFI Cadet Pipeline Partner Schools

6 Likes

WOW this is crazy.

I’m assuming you can still build your time & instruct anywhere right? You’d only be in Arizona while getting your CFI?

Blake,

If you mean instruct at any of ATPs locations then yes but if you’re asking if you can instruct at ANY flight school then no. If you read the link it lists approved flight schools.

Adam

Edit: never mind. Makes sense now.

Adam,
II remember you mentioning that a regional had a “partnership” Hawaiian. Was it Mesa airlines? I can’t find the thread. Thanks

Here you go:

http://www.empireairlines.com/careers/ohana/

Would you, or any of the mentors, give me an opinion about working for Mesa Airlines? According to some Readit forms and various other forms from Airline pilots, most have some negative things to say. No one can give any details about why they think is bad. To me a flying job is a flying job.

Lynn,

MANY years ago Mesa did have a bad reputation. They WERE the lowest paid and had very poor work rules but again that was long ago. The competition for pilots has caused every Regional to raise the bar as a necessity of staying in business. Also keep in mind pilots simply LOVE to complain. You will find disgruntled workers in every position and phase of their careers. Boggles my mind.

Adam

Lynn,

From what I understand, Mesa actually has one of the better contracts out there these days.

Chris

How can I get private pilot license

Vincent,

To get just a PPL you would need to attend a local flight school. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of them in this country, so it should be pretty easy to find one.

Chris

So can I attend a local pilot school right after high school to earn PPL

Vincent,

You can attend a local flight school at any point in life, you could start now if you had the time and financial resources, or start right after high school.

Chris

Adam,

I was one of the people to help get the airline started in Hawaii. The name of the airline was named “go!”
Unfortunately, the inter island airline no longer exists

Rachel,

I’m familiar with GO but they were never Hawaiian’s partner, they were our competition, or at least tried :wink:

Adam

I got a recruitment letter from Mesa before my start date. I can’t say anything about working conditions, but their recruitment team is on point.

3 Likes

I did too!

1 Like

Hi Captain! Is it just in USA or Europe? Please support me if there is any opportunitiy like this in Europe! I have PPL, ATPL theory, ME Class rating and the IR CPL are in progress! What do you think of that? The best regards

Saad,

Mesa is a US airline. I suggest you contact European carriers as many offer cadet programs.

Adam

1 Like