How far in advance can you complete the Admissions Flight?

I’m currently stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa, right out here next to the St. Pete location. I’m scheduled to move to my next duty station this upcoming Summer (May/June '20) but have no idea where that will be at this time. I retire in 2.5 years and plan on jumping head first into training at the Dallas-Arlington location. Since I’m close to a location right now, is it acceptable to complete the admissions flight while I’m here, even though I won’t start training for ~2.5 years? If I can help it, I’d rather not have to make a special trip to the location nearest me wherever that may be.

Jeremy,

I’m thinking it should be ok but I would call ATP admin and ask directly. They have the final word.

Adam

Jeremy,

I would tend to think that 2.5 years will be too far out, but the admissions department will have the final say. Let us know what they say, please.

Chris

1 Like

I’ll give them a call tomorrow and let you know.

When I did my intro flight two months ago I was told that it was good for one year.

1 Like

I just spoke with ATP on the phone yesterday and was also told the flight is good for one year.

1 Like

That’s all correct. I just got off the phone (before I checked back here) and they said the same thing. The admissions flight is good for one year.

1 Like