I passed my PAR

Hey everyone,

I’ve finally taken my PAR and got 87% on it, even though I was aiming for the 90s. Now I’m about to start studying for the IRA. My question is do I go ahead with the King school course which already available to me and kinda gotten used to their style, or go completely with Sheppard Air from this point onward till I do CAX?

OR use them both, as in King School, then Sheppard for practice questions?

Which options you think will be most efficient?

Thanks,

Marwan

1 Like

Marwan,

I like to recommend Sheppard Air for the writtens after PAR, Sheppard Air is a great test prep software that you can purchase which gives you a great study strategy and success rate at passing the written.

Brady

4 Likes

Marwan,

Stick with Sheppard Air, they are the tried and tru way to do well on the writtens.

Chris

4 Likes

Sheppard!

Adam

2 Likes

Sheppard air! You’ll go through the king school modules when you are in that phase during the program. They serve as your foundation of knowledge to be enhanced with instructor led grounds and self study. Taking tests are just exercises in memory.
-Hannah

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’ve already started Sheppard Air, I’m actually liking it, it’s very interesting. I’ve noticed a lot of things from the PAR study material there, that I actually doubted myself for a sec. Had to make sure that I got the IRA course. Once I’m done, I’m booking both the IRA and FII together. :crossed_fingers:

Marwan,

And try best to can to get those scores up. Examiners consider the writtens to be the easiest part of the process. If they see weak scores they translate that to inability or lack of effort. You never want to go into a checkride with an examiner thinking that.

Adam

I was aiming for a 95%, but doubted my answer on a couple of questions. Hopefully the Sheppard Air strategy will get me there as they promise

Marwan

Marwan my friend, Rule #1, NEVER change an answer! Always stick to your gut.

Adam

4 Likes

Marwan,
Scores above a 90 will be appreciated by DPEs. The Sheppard air protocol, if done thoroughly, can get you those scores. As Adam mentioned, never second guess your first answer! It’s more than likely correct. Just a good test taking tip. :slight_smile:
Best of luck!
-Hannah

Hannah,

Is a 90 good? Asking for a friend…

1 Like

Mat,

90 is good. 90+ is better.

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

That’s what I got on my PAR today. Kinda kicking myself because I definitely had a lapse on one question for no reason and should have had above that. I was pulling for a score in the 90s so I guess I can’t be too upset.

Mat

Not should you be. 90 is solid but it’s really the lowest you want to get if you can.

Understand the examiners know you have all the questions and answers for the writtens. Many therefore view it as less of an indication of your knowledge, and more of an indication of your willingness to put in the work. You never want an examiner to think you’re lazy or just couldn’t be bothered.

Adam

I’m always going to be my own worst critic, so when I saw my 90% I was of course happy to get that, but also wanted to immediately know what I missed so I can improve. I’m hoping that kind of attitude reflects well during flight training and with the examiners.

Mat