International Flight Training

I want to study and get a Masters degree in Visual Arts abroad in France.

I would also like to see if I can get my flight training in France (like ATP Flight School) and be able to apply for a pilot job for Delta Airlines or another major airline here in the U.S. when I come back? Would it be recognized the same way or must I attend in the U.S.?

Manuel,

You seem to be confused about a few things but no you will not be training in France (or anywhere else including the US) and then applying to Delta. First Europe and the US have completely different licensing systems. In the US we have FAA licenses and in Europe it’s the EASA. Now you could train in Europe, earn your EASA Commercial Pilot license and then have it converted to an FAA CPL when you return but you’d be no where near getting hired by Delta or any other Major airline. To fly for ANY airline in the US you must have your ATP and that license requires a minimum of 1500hrs of flight time which you’d have to build. Once you build that time you could then apply to a Regional airline to build more time and experience. Flying for a US Major airline is the pinnacle of our profession and getting hired by one can take anywhere from 5-10yrs of Regional flying if it happens at all.

I recommend you visit our FAQ section as it will further help you understand the process.

Adam

I would also point out that while a Master’s Degree is great, it will not do you one bit of good in applying for the airlines. If being a pilot is your goal, I would skip the extra college.