Is major airlines requiring college degree?

Do you have to go to college to work in the major airlines or international airlines?

Michael,

This is one of our most FAQs. While a 4yr degree is not required by the Majors, ALL list it as “preferred” or “competitive” mins meaning those that have will get hired long before someone without.

Adam

Michael,

Take a look at this post:

https://airlinepilot.life/t/do-i-need-a-college-degree-to-be-an-airline-pilot/8059/2

Michael,

As the others mentioned, this is probably the second if not first (it’s a battle between that and age) to most asked question. This is frequently discussed almost on daily basis throughout the forum. A regional will hire you without a degree, but it is recommended to have a degree for the airlines. If you had a associates you could also go back and complete your bachelors (4-year) degree during your time build.

Brady

I’m sorry if i’m bring this up again , but by having degree , does it mean to have degree specifically in aviation? Or having a bachelor’s in other major would work the same ?
Like in my case, i have master in MBA, can i get any benefit from this degree for getting hired ? Or it is not useful

The Majors want a degree but don’t care as to the field of study.

Short answer, you’re fine.

Adam

1 Like

Yes, having a degree will help you get hired. It doesn’t matter what you studied and unfortunately the a masters doesn’t give you much of a leg up vs a bachelors but still a good talking point in an interview!

Hannah