I've just joined a flight school

Hello, everyone…I’ve just joined the flight school, any advice?

Which flight school?

King,

This is a vague question; however, across this forum domain, there are hundreds and thousands of tips/advice that have been given over the years. What type of advice are you looking for? The other day it was about what topics you needed to focus to get into this occupation, today it’s “advice.”

As Chris mentioned. Which flight school?

Brady

Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University, Lynchburg Va.

No advice, I’ll just offer you a wholehearted good luck! Liberty has been around a few years now and I’ve yet to meet or hear from anyone who’s been successful vs ATP literal THOUSANDS!

Adam

1 Like

King,

So it sounds like you’ve already committed to their college aviation program. Best to read any guidance coming from them for best steps to prepare. You can always get ahead with written exams.

Hannah

2 Likes

I am curious, what advice did the airline pilot mentors at Liberty have for you?

1 Like

They said 'It’s a very nice, rewarding & interesting career., I got to learn new things, meet ppl all over the world, travel to billions of places., but before I can ‘I should make sure I’m very strong in mathematics’, it’s going to be a headway in getting into that main profession.

King,

That’s all they provided you with…for tips to be successful? Did they not mention about taking any written exams ahead of time (which expire 24 calendar months post results [results are instant])? Do they provide you any ground school videos that you have to watch or classes that you join? Or is it just have 1 instructor and that’s it?

Brady

King,

Actually I’d have to disagree with that one. You don’t have to be strong at mathematics to be an airline pilot. It’s a surprise to most people but you really only use basic arithmetic. I’d say it’s more important to be good at critical thinking and situational awareness with strong study skills.

Hannah

2 Likes