January Start Date!

Here we go! Got my start date late January at the Lawrenceville Location. Going for my writtens for at least my Private and Instrument tests.

One could say i’m quite excited! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll see you there!

Michael,

Great news, now get started on those writtens!

Chris

Chris,

I’m Curious about that though,

What is the best way to prepare for the writtens themselves? Right now i’m going through the Kings Schools courses and i’m starting to wonder if I should be reading the PHAK along side the videos? I did some research and they said the PHAK is useful but not something that is recommended to be read like a normal novel. Mind if I ask your opinion on this? Admittedly it’s a bit daunting but it has helped using it as an assist on the Videos and test prep with Studdy Buddy. For example: I was having issues with VOR navigation and positioning but the PHAK helped me understand a bit more. Would that be the way you would recommend using the PHAK?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Michael,

I would focus on the King video series, but if you need more explanation, the PHAK can help. I would also try YouTube. There is a wealth of information on there. At the end of the day, it is whatever works best for you.

Chris

Congrats man!! That’s a big step!! I start in about 10 days at Lawrenceville, so I’ll see you there!!

I went through the King’s School Private Module and found it was very good at laying out the subjects in a way that is easy to understand and remember. I was able to get a high A on the private test, so I think they are good in preparing you for the test.

Congrats! Will see you there eventually! haha. And congrats on the private! :slight_smile:

Yea this is good job dude I’m really happy for you that you help out some people that well need a private pilot. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Awesome to hear so many people flying out of lawrenceville. :grin: I soloed there this past Sunday and it was quite an experience since the class D airspace happened to be very busy that day. My instructor first practiced three patterns with me left traffic, we landed and then he hopped out. I then get on with the ground controller and then tower and make sure to mention “Student pilot solo”. My first takeoff clearance was right traffic, :joy: then they had me doing 360s in the pattern for spacing, extended downwinds, etc. Had a great time but I’m sure my instructor was nervous. Anyways I’m flying out of PDK with Skybound aviation for my PPL but plan to join ATP soon after for the 6 month program.

Sunday was wild haha. I was probably up there with you!

I swear that ATC has the “let’s screw with the solo student” manual somewhere. I’ve soloed on two occasions prior to ATP and then with ATP at EVB and FIN. Every. Single. Time there was something that tower decided to spring on me differently. I swear it’s almost a given, but that’s why we train the way we do.

You guys are funny. I’d like to suggest that no one is messing with the solo student (au contraire), it’s more ANYTHING that is every so slightly different from the norm you’re taking as a personal affront. You’ll all be fine :slight_smile:

Adam

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment on my part. I know that as a solo student everything looks and seems more intense than it really is. :joy:

Hello Sergey, I hope you are ok, since one time back I’m reading the forums here. I’m looking you have stared you pilot training… good news!! But I have a question, can you say me, how can you get the loan or financial aid ? If is loan what was the way? Sallie Mae? I’m alien person, but I living and work legally and have good credit score aroun 710 and income near of 40k, so I want to start my flight training at ATP, I hopefully get some answer …
Thanks a lot

Juan

Juan,

To train with ATP you need to be a citizen or have permanent resident status. Work visa or permit won’t do it.

Adam

Hey Juan! I am a US citizen and applied for the loan through SLMA. Adam already pointed out that you need to be a citizen or a green card holder to train with ATP (and to fly professionaly in the US). Best of luck to you!

Thanks to both for your response,

I will try call ATP admision because my legal status allow me to work and study without restrictions, but im not US Citizens and not resident permanent…I’m asylum besides I can complay with TSA requirements…

Thanks