Just signed up!

Well I just paid my deposit so I guess it’s officially official. I have a class date of 7/12 at KLVK, looking forward to getting my care package from ATP. Finally feel qualified to post in this section of the forum :wink:

Really looking forward to taking this next step!

Alex

7 Likes

Alex,
Congrats! That’s exciting! So that gives you about two months to knock out your King School modules and your PAR. Maybe even your IRA if you really put your nose to the books! Let us know if you have any other questions along the way. Of course we’d love to hear status updates especially after the big firsts (first solo, first checkride, etc.)!

-Hannah

Thanks Hannah,

I’m training for my PPL outside of ATP right now and have my check ride scheduled June 9th. After that I’ll hit the books hard for instrument and hope to at least have that one done before starting at ATP.

Alex

Awesome, Alex! I like KLVK. Nice training center, friendly tower, quick access to training area. Is that where you are training now?

Tory

Hi Tory,

I’m training at KOAK, and KLVK is on my list of endorsed local airports so I go there for gas. I also did my discovery flight and tour with ATP at KLVK and that was a nice experience. It’s pretty busy usually with at least 3-4 planes in the pattern (Left and Right) every time I’ve gone. Usually at Oakland I’m the only guy up there doing circles and dodging jets :stuck_out_tongue:

Alex

Alex,

Congratulations on taking a huge first step in your career! Please keep us up to date as you go through the program, we love hearing how people are doing!

Chris

Congrats! As the others have said this is a major first step in your aviation career, arguably the biggest! Kudos!

Adam

Congrats Alex! I remember taking that leap of faith - and have loved it ever since!

Sean

Cool! I was just in OAK and there was a Cessna in the pattern. Could have been you?

I think you’ll like LVK. May be more planes in the pattern but it won’t take as long to get released especially when filing IFR. I remember waiting 30 minutes when the LVK location was in HWD.

Ha, would have been funny if it was me. I was up there Tuesday around noon to 1pm. I did follow an Embraer once but it looked a lot smaller than the ones you guys fly :slight_smile:

And thanks to everyone for the encouragement, I’ll try not to disappoint :wink:

Congratulations! I will be starting with ATP on 7/19. According to UPS I will be getting all my books today. I am looking forward to the program. Already have my PPL so I will be starting IRA.

Josh,
You and Alex will be only a week a part and both starting with IRA. You guys could be virtual study buddies!

-Hannah

3 Likes

Thanks Hannah,

That’s a great idea. What location will you be at Josh? I don’t know how to connect through this forum, we don’t seem to have the ability to send direct messages to other users, but maybe one of the mentors can facilitate or we can ask ATP to connect us.

Alex

Alex,

Congrats on signing up and beginning a new journey in life. Best of luck on finishing up your PPL in June!

Like Hannah said, you and @jhuffman85 (Instagram or Facebook could message to get contact information) should link to become virtual study buddies and power through the program together. It makes it a lot more fun and easy being able to practice and work together.

Brady

Just finished my first solo XC today! Happy to report that both me and the plane were reusable at the completion of the flight. My route was KOAK-KMCC-KTCY-KOAK, 165nm, approximately 2.6hr total including one 360 over Lake Chabot for sequencing. It’s a nice day to fly and there was quite a bit of traffic to avoid.

Now I just need 2.4hr more solo xc and 0.4 simulated IMC and I’ll have all the requirements for 61.109(a) completed. Less than 1 month from my check ride, the excitement is starting to build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats Alex!
Do you feel like a real pilot now? First solo is cool but now you’re “leaving the nest” in solo xc stage. That was the stage I really built my confidence as a pilot.

-Hannah

Alex,

I looked up that route, it looks pretty cool. Almost like a real airline pilot :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update, keep them coming.

Chris

Nice job Alex!

I remember my first solo X-ctry. First time I think I felt like I knew what I was doing. I didn’t of course but definitely cool! Keep it up!

Adam

Alex,

Well done on the Solo X-Country, it’s the hatching and growing out of the nest from here! I remember I got lost (3 years ago) going to my first airport (never seen it before) and had to whip out my phone and use Apple Maps (before I found ForeFlight) and tried to find my relative location. Sounds like this wasn’t an issue for you!

Brady

Thanks everyone,

With Foreflight it almost feel like cheating, just follow the magenta line :slight_smile:

Mistakes were definitely made, like forgetting to turn on noise cancellation and wondering if the engine was having problems because it was so loud. :sweat_smile: Thankfully no mistakes related to the safety of the flight were made, and I’m looking forward to doing it many more times in the future (the flying, not the mistakes :wink:).

Alex
P.S. When I got home from the flight I found my ATP care package at the front door, so double good day today.

2 Likes