July 2023 Schedule

I had the first opportunity to bid for a line in July. There were 14 lines, I was showing 17 in seniority at my base. I focused my bid on block hours, as I am more concerned about getting flight time rather than more pay. One day before my birthday when initials came out, I saw I was awarded a line for July! During July, I was able to complete my consolidation of 14 CFR Part 121.434 (Operating experience, operating cycles, and consolidation of knowledge and skills).

For those that don’t know 14 CFR Part 121.434, it is the regulation that governs the consolidation of skills and knowledge within a period of time. In Part 121, you are given 120 days from the time you have a Type Rating added to your certificate under your airline employer. For more information on the regulation, you can visit the link below and read up on the legality of Part 121.434(g) & Part 121.434(h).

Totals: 53.1 hours block time, 82 hours credited time, 13 days off

1 - MDT-CLT-FLO
2 - FLO-CLT-AGS-CLT-AVL
3 - AVL-CLT-ROA(DH/)CLT-ROA
4 - ROA-CLT-MDT
5 - OFF
6 - OFF
7 - MDT(DH/)PHL-YYZ
8 - YYZ(DH/)CLT-MDT
9 - OFF
10 - OFF
11 - OFF
12 - MDT-PHL-ROA
13 - ROA-PHL-MHT
14 - MHT(DH/)CLT-MDT
15 - OFF
16 - OFF
17 - MDT-CLT-JAN
18 - JAN-CLT-JAN
19 - JAN-CLT-ROA-PHL-MDT
20 - OFF
21 - OFF
22 - OFF
23 - MDT-PHL(DH/)YYZ
24 - YYZ-PHL-MDT
25 - OFF
26 - OFF
27 - OFF
28 - MDT-PHL-MDT
29 - MDT-CLT(DH/)SBY
30 - SBY-CLY(DH/)YUL
31 - YUL-PHL-BDL

DH/ - Deadhead

§ 121.434 Operating experience, operating cycles, and consolidation of knowledge and skills.

1 Like

Brady,

Congrats on consolidating! Looks like it was a lot of fun flying. I’m sure you are expert at the carousel of ramp frequencies at CLT by now, all of the Envoy pilots dread going there since its so chaotic on the ground. Since it seems like you had a mix of some really short flights and some longer flights, which do you prefer? So far I’d actually say I prefer the shorter flights compared to our 2+ hour flights; it’s more work but it keeps you sharp!

Nice pic and good luck in August!

Roscoe

Very cool Brady! I go to SBY a lot with instrument students to do their 250 xc. I always like flying down there and I’m always seeing Piedmont. It’s fun to watch them have to hold short as we’re on final going 70kts :sunglasses:

Roscoe,

Love the new Blue and “Orange” Congo lines now… says no one ever. :slight_smile: Sometimes I sit there and think to myself, we are going to push someone onto the yellow line in the ramp, yet tell someone to taxi northbound on the ONG which doesn’t provide enough wingspan clearance to safely taxi…

I have come to enjoy the near 2 hours trips, CLT to JAN is a good time and nice to get up into the mid 30’s. Depending on the day, I prefer to have a mix because it gives an opportunity to get more repetition of flows and skills (as mentioned).

Brady

1 Like

Jon,

I am sure if you get down there on a day when a Piedmont is in or out, you may hear me or see me walking around in my bright vest. :slight_smile: Salisbury is a nice overnight, we stay fairly close downtown to the University and there’s tons of restaurants to choose from.

Brady

1 Like

Brady,

I only noticed the blue and orange lines they added when I was riding the jumpseat on an AA flight into CLT a few weeks ago. It doesn’t really make any sense and I think they just need to rethink the ramp setup. I know that they are trying to add a third runway on the west side so that they can copy DFW for departing/arriving runways, so maybe they’ll change the ramp too. Seems like even the CLT based pilots are confused and annoyed by the current setup. The two hour flights are nice, especially if you only have a couple of legs in a day. The worst for us is when we have 4/5 quick legs in a day and swap planes multiple times (which potentially means more walkarounds for me if the next crew isn’t there!).

Roscoe

Roscoe,

The idea is there, it will take some time to get the rap around everything. :slight_smile:

Brady