Life so far as a pilot/cfi

Hey Guys, I’ve been away from this site and not really participated much. Anyways I’m a former ATP graduate working on my CFII. I will be more active on here to help answer some question or just comment and ask tons of questions myself to the mentors. Hope the mentors don’t get too annoy by me, and last anyone know how to change user name?

My experience going through ATP was not the straights path I’ve envision, no fault of ATP but more on me, I hope my experience can help others on the same journey.

1 Like

Charlie,

If you don’t want us to get annoyed don’t be annoying! :wink:

Just kidding, your perspective is welcome.

Adam

1 Like

Charlie,

Any insights that you have would be great. We love hearing about the program and people’s paths through aviation.

Chris

Hi Charlie, Can you tell us more about your experience, im curious as to what you mean by your “experience wasn’t the straightest path you envisioned.” I’m starting this May and any information is appreciated.

We can chat here or in private, which ever is more comfortable. What I meant by that is not being the a straight path is not being able to get all my cfi ratings at ATP., there is a backstory behind this. But long story short ATP is an accelerated program and depending on location you can be zero to hero in no time. So be prepare to learn and fly your butt off. And no ATP is not paying me to say this, I have visited quite a few school and taught at different locations. Towers. Non towers, Fbo, flight club, Midland Texas,Houston, Dallas hehe. I’ll say this, ATP knows their stuff and has all the literature you ever need. Yes there are pro and cons to ATP, just as there are pro and cons to every thing in life. Anyways study hard and dont fail checkrides. I’m living proof that failing does make life harder. But dont be scare just know that I’m here to hold your hand if you decide to walk this path . Haha damn sound all dramatic.

1 Like

Chatting in private wouldn’t be too bad where can we? i know this website doesn’t allow messaging 1 on 1

I wonder if we are allow to give out our Facebook messenger? Anyone knows? Dont want to violate any rules?

https://m.me/charlie.tran.33633

That’s my Facebook messenger, feel free to add me if you like, and of course it’s in my username too, clever right? Hey Captain Chris, I see you’re all better now glad you’re doing well.

You can pass out any personal information that you see fit to, as long as it is your own information.

I will say though that we encourage open discussion as that way everybody can benefit from the lessons learned.

Have you tried any vietnamese cuisine, particularly PHO, in Chinatown yet?

Why yes I have and yes I like. I’m actually a HUGE Bánh mì fan.

Adam

Any opinions on kamaka air? Chief pilot ask me to come and check their operations ?

Charlie,

I know zero about Kamaka other than I hear them on the radio from time to time. The thing is building time with any interisland operation will do little for your instrument skills. While it’s fun and pleasant it’s won’t make you a better pilot the same way instructing or Regional mainland flying will. Your call.

Adam