Man Pilots Planes for 2 Years After Lying to Airlines About Experience

Man Pilots Planes for 2 Years After Lying to Airlines About Experience (msn.com)

During that time, officials at BA CityFlyer reportedly became suspicious of his experience after an incident occurred in Switzerland when he pressed a button that “no qualified pilot would,” a source told the news outlet.

What button would that be?

I’m thinking it could be any one of the guarded switches you’re not supposeded to push in flight.

Adam

I have no idea, but I find it hard to believe that a single button would have revealed this guy’s incompetence. He still had to make it through training which obviously he did so we have to assume he had an adequate understanding of the aircraft at some point to pass.

I would suspect that there were multiple complaints filed against this guy or someone tipped off the airline and then the airline, for whatever reason, looked for a convenient excuse to fire him since the airline also made a mistake for hiring him in the first place.

Tory

Right, could have been a guarded switch. It just means those are typically safety critical switches that you don’t want switched by mistake. I agree though. It must have been a series of small write ups and incidents that led to an investigation discovering his incompetence.
-Hannah