May 22 Back to the Line

I haven’t posted my schedule for a while as it contained alot of union work so it really wasn’t very representative of typical schedules. May however was my first month back to the line since resigning from my union position so this gives you a here idea what I do.

May 1-7: OFF
May 8: HNL-ITO-HNL-ITO-HNL-LIH-HNL
May 9-10: OFF
May 11: HNL-LIH-HNL-KOA
May 12: KOA-HNL-OGG-HNL-KOA-HNL
May 13: OFF
May 14: HNL-OGG-HNL-OGG-HNL-KOA-HNL
May 15-16: OFF
May 17: HNL-OGG-HNL-OGG-HNL
May 18: OFF
May 19: HNL-OGG-LIH-HNL-KOA
May 20: KOA-HNL-OGG-HNL-KOA-HNL
May 21: PayProtected
May 22: HNL-OGG-HNL-KOA-HNL
May 23: OFF
May 24: HNL-LIH-HNL-KOA
May 25: KOA-HNL-ITO-HNL-KOA-HNL
May 26: OFF
May 27: HNL-OGG-HNL-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL
May 28: HNL-OGG-HNL-OGG-LIH-HNL
May 29: HNL-KOA-HNL-KOA
May 30: KOA-HNL-ITO-HNL
May 31: PayProtected

Block 43:51 / Pay 75:40 (*You may have noticed alot of KOA overnights. Full disclosure I found this amazing Hot Chicken place I love :wink: )

4 Likes

Hello Adam. I applied to HAL some time ago. How likely am I to be considered without having ties to the islands? I’m from Europe and got green card due to recent changes in law that allow pilots to apply for a small fee. I’m in my 30s with a couple thousand hours on 737 and a couple thousand on 787 with experience of medical flights, African bush and military. Haven’t heard back from HAL.

Chris,

Honestly I’m surprised you haven’t yet. My questions are do you have your FAA ATP and where was your flight time built as that might be the only hang up I can think of.

Adam

Hi Adam, I have FAA CPL but yes, my time was built flying for European carriers.

Chris,

That sir is why (I suspect) you haven’t gotten a call. If you visit the HAL FO recruiting page (Careers: First Officer | Hawaiian Airlines) it clearly states your must have an ATP. Further they really like mainland turbine experience.

If your goal is to fly for Hawaiian it may mean flying for a year or 2 at a Regional.

Adam

Chris,

Not to be difficult here, but I just looked at Hawaiian’s webpage and the first requirement is to have a FAA ATP, it is written as clearly as day. You will never get a call in your current position as you do not meet their qualifications. As a pilot, you should know that it is necessary to fully and completely read the entire checklist.

Chris

Adam,

Long time lurker here. Got a CJO with HAL recently and would love to see what your schedules have been like recently. Care to share? Been a minute and always looked forward to seeing what you put out, especially now as my dream becomes a reality.

Thanks!

Aloha Barry,

Congrats on the CJO!

Keep in mind I’m a fairly senior 717 Capt so my schedule is pretty straightforward at this point. I basically fly the same trip the entire month which is 5 legs:
HNL-OGG-HNL-KOA-OGG-HNL
My day starts at 0515, ends at 1130, and I work 17 days with 13 off. If I bid longer days I could get more days off but I’m lazy and like being home for lunch everyday :wink:

The really good news is 717 pilots are upgrading in under a year and there’s so much movement your schedule will improve pretty rapidly if you go InterIsland. Of course there’s also the opportunity to go widebody Day 1 which is pretty nice also (but you have to wear a tie!).

Adam

Adam, you da man. Hope to see you on the line soon!